Sunday, July 17, 2011

Twintail Extensions!

I've been debating on getting a wig/ponytail extensions for quite some time now. When I look at the photos I take of my Lolita clothing, I notice something's off - and it's my hair! I do in fact, love my short hair, but let's face it - it's not very Lolita. I've seen some short-haired Lolita's in magazines, etc. but I just don't think I can pull it off very well. After lots of debating and searching around on the web, I finally settled on some decent - in both quality and price - ponytail extensions. I ended up ordering them online from Sally's Beauty Supply, because they didn't have two of the color I needed in stores. Aaaaand they came in yesterday! (Please, ignore my ugly bathroom >_<)

^Here they are, in all their glory!

^Here's one out of the box - I think they're like 16" in length. And you can see just how puny my pigtails are looking in the background ;__;

^And without the net - so lovely! ♥

^Ooh, yay! One's in ^_^ I have to say, I was quite nervous about these staying in. They have a little comb and a drawstring that goes around your ponytail to hold it in place, buuut since my ponytails are so puny, it doesn't fully close around my ponytail. But they actually do stay in alright! I did quite a bit of fussing around with them for about an hour to get them to feel right. 



And now I've got lovely, lovely Lolita twintails! ♥ I actually spent more time after I took these photos getting them to look more "right". See all that hair in front of my ears? Yeah, I ended up taking them out and re-doing my hair to pull all that back, so they actually look a lot better! I was lame though and forgot take pictures because we were on our way out the door to see HP & The Deathly Hallows Pt2 (in case you're wondering - YES I did see it at midnight Thursday night, but my bf had yet to see it 'til then, so it was my 2nd viewing :P). I feel soo pretty wearing these, and definitely a lot more Loli-like! Ooh, and the shirt I'm wearing in all my pics is available in my shop ^_^ 

I'm sure sometime this week I'll be taking pictures of some new clothing with the presence of my new twintails, so stay tuned! ^_^

MissChubi

2 comments: