Tuesday, August 9, 2011

A Bit of Wa-Lolita Progress

I'm going to start off this post with an apology for the super low quality pictures you're about to be barraged with. I've been hard at work on my latest commission for a lovely Wa-Lolita outfit, and this is just an update with my progress. I spent most of Saturday cutting out all the pieces O__o, and didn't get to actually sewing it until Sunday.

^^The main kimono bodice in it's ultra basic form. (You can see a glimpse of my fabric mountain in the background - it almost touches the ceiling haha :p)

^^Bodice is now lined and has a ruffled collar! And check out those epic sleeves! ♡ (I plan on sewing in velcro to keep the bodice closed.)

^^Overskirt! Sorry, I didn't take any progress photos before this point ;__; It's lined and ruffled, and just needs the waistband sewn on. (It's sitting on several pattern pieces and soon-to-be-used fabric.)

^^The overskirt fully finished and elasticized! 

^^Bodice and overskirt together :D I know it looks a bit skimpy (lol), but it'll be a lot better once the underskirt has been finished ^_^

^^The ruffle-y underskirt in progress. I do have a lot of ribbon in bulk, but none that would match for this project D: So I'm waiting on some to come in so I can finish the ugly ruffled seams (circled!) all lovely-like with it ♡

^^And right now I'm working on getting the yards of fabric ready to be gathered for the rows and rows of ruffles on the sleeves ^_^ (This is also probably the best quality picture in this post lol)

That's pretty much all I have for now - my progress sorta depends on when my ribbon comes in (it's coming from PA, so hopefully I'll have it in 2 days). I'm aiming to have this finished by the end of the week, but we'll see. I also have a ton of fabric coming in on Wednesday for a pretty big dress commission, so we'll see n__n;;

Miss Chubi

No comments:

Post a Comment