Saturday, August 13, 2011

Finished Wa-Lolita Commission... and onto the next one!

Last night I put the finishing touches on this super lovely Wa-Lolita commission I've been working on for the past week. It took a bit longer than expected because I had to wait on some ribbon to come in. Otherwise, I'd probably have finished Wednesday or Thursday. Regardless, it is finished now, and I have a barrage of pictures to show!

I believe in my last post I left off after completing most of the kimono top, the overskirt, and part of the underskirt, so I'll pick up from there.

^^My ribbon came in! I think seams look so lovely when they're finished off with satin ribbon ♡

^^ Obi progress. For me, the obi is the most difficult part/the piece I worry most about fitting correctly. (Also, I know this isn't an actual obi, it's more of a "faux" obi, which is okay with me.)

^^Shirring! This is the very first time I've ever shirred. (Of course I did a few practice runs right before this :p) I'm quite proud of how it turned out, and I'm pretty sure I'll be using shirring in future projects ♡

^^ Top & bottom ruffles sewn on.

^^Shirring panel attached! 

^^Super giant bow for the back ♡


^^Since my ribbon came in, I was able to finish off the middle row of ruffle seams. ♡ I also finished off the top ruffle with some bias tape I made.

^^Three luscious rows of ruffles! The sleeves are actually a bit heavy with all this fabric on the ends, but I think it's totally worth it :3

Okay, that's the end of my progress photos... onto the finished shots! 

^^If you remember, my original sketch. I love to compare the sketch with the finished product. In this case, they're pretty much identical (except for maybe the bow tails not being quite so long).

^^First up, the super alice bow headband! I made this a bit larger and more detailed than I normally do my bows, and I'm quite liking it ♡

^^Here it is, in all it's glory! I'm not sure if you can tell in these shots, but I did mention the sleeves being quite heavy, and they were definitely fighting to pull the whole top off the mannequin >_< lol. 

^^Back view. I'm really loving how that super giant bow turned out. I'm really glad I decided to put bow tails on this one ♡

^^Sleeve shot! They're about one yard long from the top of the sleeve down to the bottom.

^^Bit of a detailed view, so you can really see those lovely ruffles ♡

^^Detail of the collar and those scrumptious ruffles.

^^Detail showing how the kimono top stays put with a piece of heavy-duty velcro.

^^The overskirt and underskirt, front view.

^^A sort of side view showing that the overskirt does indeed get longer as it reaches the back.

^^And a back view.

^^Just the underskirt. I'm quite happy with how this turned out ♡ I originally was going to do a three-tiered ruffle, but I decided that two would probably be enough, and I didn't want the top ruffle to interfere with the shortness of the overskirt in the front. 

^^Back view. This skirt closes on the side with a concealed zipper, and the waistband is fitted.



^^As you can see, each ruffle seam is finished with lovely satin ribbon ♡

Oh.. kay. I believe that's everything ♡ I think I have a good chance of getting client photos for this one, buuuut the con she's planning on wearing it for isn't until January >_< So, keep this one in mind!

As soon as I got this finished last night, I started right into my next commission: a classic long-sleeved dress. I got the request for this about 2 weeks ago, but the fabric my client wanted to use was apparently the most popular fabric on the entire internet. It took me most of those 2 weeks just to track it down! It was quite the scavenger hunt >_< 

I may have posted this sketch before, but I'm going to again:



It's soo lovely, and it was such a relief to finally get started on it last night. 

^^All the dreamy materials ♡ (I actually bought way more lace than I needed for this so I can use it for future garments :3)

^^So far I have the bodice and bodice lining cut out and sewn together, I just didn't take a picture of it yet >_< I mostly worked on the overskirt. The hem's going to be 120" - about 30" bigger than the average lolita hem, so it's going to be super full and delicious ♡

^^A close up of the overskirt hem.

*Whew* I've been mega busy, and I can't stop now! I also put a lot of work into constructing the bows that go down the center front... which I don't have pictures of now. I'm aiming to have this dress done maybe today? Hm.. probably not. I suppose a more realistic goal would be Monday. I feel so bad for making my client wait so long to get the materials, so I'm working on all weekend long!

I've got a lot of work to do, so I better get back to sewing!

Miss Chubi

No comments:

Post a Comment