Friday, August 5, 2011

Wa/Qi Lolita Commission #2

Remember that Wa-Lolita outfit commission I finished a while ago? Well, I actually got another request for one around the same time, but didn't need to start on it until recently. I'm not sure if this would be considered Qi-Lolita, since I'm using a more traditional fabric, but they're pretty similar anyways, so I'm not going to get too worried about it. 

^^My sketch. It's not totally "traditional", but I think it's a lot of fun and definitely lovely. The sleeve isn't quite like that on a kimono, but more of an exaggerated over-sized bell. The obi's also going to have shirring on the back, which is something I don't have a ton of experience with, and I'm excited to apply the technique. 

^^Fabric! (Forgive me for my terrible apartment lighting ;__;) As you can see, I've got the main fabric - a lovely turquoise brocade with purple/pink metallic stitching, purple cotton (bottom) for all the ruffles and underskirt, and a lovely purple lining (top) - since we're going with a brocade instead of a cotton, it's going to need to be lined. This is about 15 yards worth, and definitely not everything, but this is what I managed to get my hands on tonight. I'll probably be going back to the store tomorrow to get more purple cotton and.. oh yeah - all the pink fabric! 

Alright, this is turned out to be a lot shorter than I thought, but that's about where I stand on this project. I'm not sure how much sewing I'll get done on it tomorrow, as I will be spending the majority of the day baking! I have this family thing on Saturday, and I'm in charge of baking 6 dozen cupcakes from scratch :3 Maybe I'll post about them once I've finished ♡

Miss Chubi

No comments:

Post a Comment