Tuesday, August 28, 2012

Resplendent Nightmare: The JSK, OP, and SK designs~


And now, for the moment you've all been waiting for! Maybe? Well, it's only Tuesday so I have a lot more to share, but I wanted to break out the dress designs now because I simply cannot wait (hopefully it's clear in the sketches, but starting from the left the views are back, front, back, front, back):

^^Click for a bigger & more detailed view!
The skirt is high waisted, similar to this style that I've done previously. The hem will be finished with either a tulle or organza ruffle (leaning more towards organza since tulle is quite scratchy against the skin) in a color matching the fabric. The front will feature a functional satin ribbon lace-up (that matches the fabric - for example, diamond will have a white ribbon, even though it's shown in black here ^_^;), the back will be shirred for a comfortable fit, and include detachable waist ties, which will also be finished with a ruffle, same as the hem.

^^Click for a bigger & more detailed view!
The JSK features a lot of the same things as the skirt, so I won't repeat myself. However, the back does feature a 3-tiered ruffle-y panel. I think ruffles like these are absolutely gorgeous, and I was very excited to incorporate them into this collection. The ruffles will be finished with gold thread ♡ 

^^Click for a bigger & more detailed view!
And lastly, the OP! It too, shares a lot of the same features at both the JSK and SK, so I won't go over them again (it will have functional ribbon laces up the front of the bodice, even though it's hard to see in the black & white color-ways). However, this one does feature long sleeves. At first I was going to make them removable but then I decided against it, opting instead to make the sleeves from chiffon so it won't be as hot. I'm still debating on whether or not to make the whole sleeve in chiffon, or to do the upper part of the sleeve in cotton and the rest in chiffon. The end of the sleeve will likely also be finished with gold thread (even though it's not shown in the sketch). I also included neck ties (one of my favorite design elements in Lolita fashion ♡), which of course will be removable.

I plan on doing a more detailed post about the fabric & materials I'll be using, so I won't go into that just yet. I also have lots of other designs to reveal - blouses, kodona, aristrocrat, etc. so be sure and check back throughout the rest of the week to see!

Stay tuned for more Resplendent Nightmare: Blog Revelations all week long!

♡MissChubi

10 comments:

  1. Oh I really like the OP and skirt in white! Does the shirring in the back help so the high waist doesn’t become squished when you wear it? You know so it stays up and in place.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hooray! ♡ Typically in the past with my high-waisted skirts I reinforce them enough to maintain their shape. I still plan on doing that, and the shirring is just for comfort and to ensure the best fit~

      Delete
  2. I LOVE the skirt and jsk! Super excited to see the actual product!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yay! Glad to hear it ♡ Btw, even though you're not local and can't be part of the main shoot, I'm still gonna send you a few things from this collection to shoot. ~Will message you with more infos :3

      Delete
  3. I really like the JSK!!! Do you do custom sizing??

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, glad to hear it! ♡
      Yep, I sure do! Everything I make is custom-fit to the customer's measurements~

      Delete
  4. Any chance you can email me for the exchange of details. :) my email is pandapincushion@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Details? Details for these pieces can be found here, if that's what you're looking for: http://www.elegyclothing.com/print-resplendent-nightmare/

      Delete
    2. Oh! All the pieces I make are made-to-size, so you just input your measurements in inches when checking out ^^

      Delete