Thursday, August 30, 2012

Resplendent Nightmare: Tights, Cutsews, & Accessories~



Pretty much all of my plans for Resplendent Nightmare are out in the wild now, except for these stragglers...
^^Click for a bigger & more detailed view!
The first thing in my shop that I won't be sewing/putting together... tights! Something I've wanted to do for such a long time. Now that I'm personally doing all the printing, this has at last becoming an achievable possibility! Honestly, there's not really a front or back to this design - I couldn't make up my mind about it, so it's up to you whether you want the spiders on the front or back of your legs. The colors shown here are not totally accurate - the supplier I'm going with carries a slightly lighter red and blue than what's pictured here, but they'll still work out just lovely. These will be available in both regular and plus-size, so no one's left out! In addition to tights, I'll also have nylon knee-highs, which I think will look great with a nicely coordinated kodona/ouji outfit. I don't have a sketch to show you, as they'll look identical to these except y'know, stop at/just below the knee.

^^Click for a bigger & more detailed view!
I suppose this isn't really a "detail" per se, as it is an actual garment - but here you go, the cutsew: screen-printed! I think cutsews are just lovely for casual/daily Lolita wear, so of course I couldn't leave them out. But since they're not quite as elegant as a blouse, I chose to present them today instead of yesterday. I'm not totally set on the colors - I will at least have black and white, but I'm having difficulty finding fabric in the right colors (yes I realize I could dye the fabric as I tend to do - but dyeing such dark colors consistently is a pain, and I don't want to have to deal with that on top of printing). This cutsew will be available in both half and long-sleeved versions - I recently realized I'd never done the latter before so I had to tackle it. And well, long-sleeves are just nice in the fall/early winter. The print design isn't exactly set in stone - it may be tweaked just a bit. Oh, and of course, the neck ties will be detachable. 

I also have a slew of other accessories planned, including spats (in both high & low styles), mini top hats and tricorns, headbows (duh), smallish bonnets, and wrist cuffs. I don't have any sketches of these, as I'm awful at drawing hats and tiny details (and I sorta "design" as I make them), but I'll most definitely have a bunch of these to show off over the next month as I complete samples.

Tune in tomorrow for the last entry of Resplendent Nightmare: Blog Revelations!

♡MissChubi

No comments:

Post a Comment