Monday, August 27, 2012

Resplendent Nightmare: A Look at the Finished Print Design~


Not long ago I introduced my new print, Resplendent Nightmare. After mentioning in that post that I'll probably go back and tweak it a bit... well I couldn't help myself and did exactly that. As soon as I finished that post, I went straight back into Illustrator and began tweaking it. A few minutes quickly turned into a few hours, and I finally feel confident enough to share the finished (for realz, this time!) design:

^^Click for a bigger & more detailed view!

As previously mentioned, it is going to be printed in gold. The gold shown above isn't necessarily accurate - it'll have shimmer in it and be more, well... resplendent than shown here. (Once I'm ready to print, I'll for sure put up photos of actual fabric samples to show the shimmeries in all their glory.) It'll be available in 5 color-ways - ruby (red), diamond (white), amethyst (purple), onyx (black), and sapphire (blue). I'd also wanted to include a dark green/emerald-y color but the fabric I'm using doesn't have a green that's suitable to my taste. The darkest green available is more of a Link green, and that simply won't cut it. Dyeing dark colors consistently is quite the task, and since I'm already printing the fabric, I'd rather not have to dye it as well. Oh, and did I mention the fabric I'm using? It's... like heaven - so scrumptious. I could (and plan to) go on and on about it, but I'll save that for another post.

Stay tuned for more Resplendent Nightmare: Blog Revealations all week long!

♡MissChubi

3 comments:

  1. I think your design is very lovely! I think everything you do is lovely, and brave, starting your own indie lolita brand. Kudos to you, goodness knows you deserve it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yay! I'm so glad you like it ♡ And thank you so much for your kind words, they're very much appreciated. It's comments like yours that motivate me to continue on my journey of following my dream ♡

      Delete
  2. Really nice looking of Resplendent Nightmare A Look at the Finished Print Design.
    Green Printer

    ReplyDelete