Tuesday, June 7, 2011

The Midwest Craft Caucas

Months ago, I bought "early bird" passes to attend the Midwest Craft Caucas this past weekend. There were a lot of people who came in from out of state, and hours away. It was basically a conference for those who own or are planning on starting their own handmade business. It was put on by the local craft community, which I had no idea was so prevalent in my city. It was really inspiring to see that people around me were successful in the same way I dream to be.
I of course attended in full out Lolita, and took a lot of notes. I feel like I knew a lot of the stuff already because I've done countless research online, etc. but I still learned a lot of valuable information. It took place Saturday and Sunday, and started super early in the morning. Well, it probably wasn't super early for most people, but for those who know me, I'm pretty nocturnal. So I spent the entire weekend exhausted, getting about 2-3 hours of sleep a night, but it was definitely worth it. I brought my camera the whole weekend, but I didn't take any pictures at the event.

^Swag bag! The tote on the left was packed full of stuff, but I've pictured my favorite things. I still need to put that awesome bumper sticker on my car...

^What I wore on Saturday.

^What I wore on Sunday.

Going to the conference really made me happy to be a handmade business, especially since I feel like I'm always doubting myself and my abilities. I feel so energized and inspired to do some new things and really make my Elegy dream a realization. 

<3
Miss Chubi

No comments:

Post a Comment